Fort Lauderdale, FL
Pirtle is seeking an experienced Estimator in the Multi Family Construction Market. The Estimator is responsible for developing accurate, timely, and detailed cost estimates on projects for Bid-Build, CM@Risk, and other project delivery pursuits. The Estimator shall have extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, costs, and engineering principles. The Estimator will coordinate diverse subcontractor pricing to scope and level all subcontractor pricing to complete a comprehensive bid proposal.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, works efficiently with minimal oversight while meeting critical deadlines.
- Participate in the creation of subcontractor bid lists.
- Solicit subcontractors through Pirtle’s bidding software and direct communication and subcontractors.
- Prepare complete scope cost estimates based on proposal documentation.
- Review, interpret and analyze project documentation: drawings, specifications, data, commercial terms, proposals, etc.
- Solicit input from field operations to include in the final project estimate.
- Formulate all indirect project costs: staffing, on-site facilities, support costs, and general conditions.
- Follow Pirtle’s estimating process/procedure compliance and consistency.
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness.
- Perform quantity takeoff on On-Screen Takeoff.
- Analyze and evaluate bidding risks and strategies; present estimates and participate in bid reviews with senior management.
- Develop relationships with subcontractors and suppliers by creating strategic alliances to ensure competitiveness.
- Oversee the review, analysis, and selection of all subcontractor and vendor proposal solicitations and quotation selection.
- Participate in successful project development of a procurement plan.
- Perform site visits on pursuits and ongoing projects, attend industry trade and outreach events.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar technical training/experience.
- Minimum of 5 years estimating experience.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with iSqFt solicitation software, On-Screen Takeoff, MS Office products [Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint], online plan rooms, and SharePoint.
- Good communication skills.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong math and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Previous experience with multifamily estimating and construction.
- Knowledge and experience with local subcontractors within the multifamily market.