Broward County, FL
The Project Manager (PM) has bottom-line responsibility and accountability for the financial and technical success of the project(S) assigned. The PM plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, and systems of the company. The PM Manages the project from beginning to end, including pre-construction, budget, costs, schedule, insurances, general work performance, and quality, and overall progress against the plan.
Construction Project Manager Role and Responsibilities:
- Charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants.
- Bringing about optimum utilization of resources – labor, materials, equipment and subcontractors, and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
- Lead and communicate with all team members, subcontractors, and vendors to maintain the project schedule.
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking expenses, and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Ensure that construction activities move according to a pre-determined schedule.
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the Owner, Architect, Design Consultants, and Subcontractors.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with the Owner and subcontractors.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Develop and improve upon assigned client relationships and build effective working relationships with clients, architects, subcontracts, vendors and Pirtle team members.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
- A four-year Bachelors degree in civil engineering or construction management
- Minimum 7 years of experience in construction projects.
- Team leader with excellent communication and diplomatic skills, able to handle and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail evidenced by strong command of all applicable legal and safety provisions.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to confidently and decisively take action.
- Ability to consistently multitask and handle competing priorities between business needs, organizational issue and sound customer relations.