West Palm Beach, FL
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all field operations and overseeing subcontractors at the project site. The Superintendent will closely work in direct cooperation with the Project Manager and other team members on the job site to achieve a successful project. The responsibility of the Superintendent shall include, but not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate all construction field activities among subcontractors and other individuals/companies involved with the project.
- Have a strong knowledge of the Construction Documents and ensure that construction compliant with these documents.
- Supervise project safety and ensure all workers on site are complying with safety requirements and the project safety plan.
- Assess daily staffing of subcontractors and field workforce.
- Assess sufficient supply of materials and equipment on a daily basis. Track deliveries of materials from vendors to avoid delays and onsite material loss.
- Participate in developing the project schedule and provide the information needed to create, monitor, and modify the project schedule on a continuing basis.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to develop and administer the site utilization program, site services, safety plan and security arrangements necessary for the project.
- Monitor actual versus required performance by all parties and determine whether subcontractors are providing a sufficient workforce and hours of work to achieve performance commitments.
- Maintain thorough familiarity with the requirements of the general contract and ensure that the requirements are being adhered to.
- Responsible that fieldwork is performed with a high standard of quality and in an efficient manner.
- Maintain daily progress reports and conduct weekly job site safety meetings.
- 5 years of experience in construction with at least 3 Project Superintendent role.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a commitment to safety.
- Must have a professional attitude and outstanding communication skills with the ability to maintain excellent relationships with inspectors, subcontractors, architects and owner representatives.
- Must have specific knowledge of field supervision for layout, framing, MEP and finish trades.
- Excellent judgment of drywall, paint and other finish trades relative to construction quality.
- A thorough knowledge of federal, state and local building codes.
- Proven track record of safety in conjunction with all OSHA requirements and guidelines.